Day Three

Maybe I caught a break. I woke up this morning and I remembered something about my past. At this moment, I cannot recall what exactly made me trigger this memory but now, I am not complaining. This memory feels real enough to be true. I need to start preparing for the worst out there. I have to make a weapon. I thought about this yesterday and the idea is sounding better and better. I also need better materials so my tools don’t break so easily. I cannot stick with the same old things. I need better ways to hunt and fortify my camp.


Today, I make the means to hunt better, fortify my camp, and possibly get out of here. At this moment, I do not know exactly what that is, but I will figure it out by tonight.


I went to the west, I needed some more stone. The fire pit I made took more resources to make than I originally thought. I felt amped up today. Breaking down those boulders seemed to be much easier, even fun. I never thought I would use that word to describe a situation given the circumstances. I loaded up my pockets with those rocks and found among the rubble, some gold powder. I do not know what I can use it for yet, but I will find something.


In case I get bitten by that thing in the darkness or I get cut by something I need a way to heal up. I remembered seeing flowers around my camp and they could have some healing properties. I returned from “The Quarry” and spent some time picking flowers. It was surprisingly soothing.


I grabbed my axe slowly, clenching it tightly. I heard the footsteps getting closer. It was now or never. I had to make a move. I quickly turn, unleash a hellish battle-cry and rush forward with my eyes closed. I felt like I was falling with so much adrenaline. Turns out, I did fall. I tripped on a somewhat big rock. I look up from the ground and I see this wild turkey.


I could smell the cooked turkey legs when I stared at this fat flightless bird. I sprang up and yelled, “GO FOR THE EYES!” I do not know why I said that, but it felt right. I was sprinting at full speed, but somehow, this turkey was faster than me. I chased it for some time. Eventually, I lost it. Damn, when I think about it now, I could really go for a turkey leg. I had a rough idea where I was so I drew it up on my map and went back to camp.


When I got back to camp, I just sat where my campfire was going to be, just waiting for it to get dark so I could start-up the fire. I made a checklist of things I was going to need and things I needed to make sure I had a stock of. My mind soon wandered into the negativity. What if I didn’t have enough food? What if I run out of energy to chop down wood? What happens when I use up all of those boulders? What if no one comes? I can’t survive off the bare minimum of food and tools. I needed to think about how I was going to make a real base camp.


Night approached quickly, I made a fire pit with the extra stuff I mined from the boulders. I tried to rest immediately, but it was not working out. I was left alone with my thoughts again. Once I closed my eyes I heard noises. It seemed like someone or something was pacing around in a circle, like they were getting their bearings to lunge at me. There was some growling as well. I swear I saw some glowing eyes, like there was just enough light from the fire to reflect. Slowly reached for my axe thinking I needed to protect myself. I heard a twig snap and I quickly jumped from my seat and spun around.


When I looked back, nothing was there, and the silence of night was all I could hear. I hate this feeling of uneasiness. Is it all in my head? I have no idea, what I do know is that I hate it. I began to think, “I need a better weapon, and I need to build a wall so nothing can see me or get to me.” How am I supposed to do these things? I have all of tomorrow to think about it. Now that the night has quieted down, I can get some rest. I am falling asleep as I write maybe I will dream, maybe when I wake up I will be in a bed.