Day 12

I charted my newly explored area and noticed I was close to base. I started heading south when I heard a strange noise. I looked around but there was nothing. I continued on, shaking that strange noise out of mind, but I hear the noise again as if something is watching me. I quicken my pace and see my camp in sight. I got closer, then a loud grunting and a bellowing noise almost a howl echoed across the valley. I turn around and that’s when it happened. I was attacked by hounds. Dark in color, evil, hell bent on killing. Their vicious growls and snarls were enough to instill fear in the bravest of men, their teeth sharper than anything I’d ever seen, their mouths dripping with saliva ready to a feast on my freshly killed body.

I noticed a second hound, they began to circle me waiting for me to make the first move. I slowly set down my backpack and grab rock from my pocket. I threw it to distract the hound in front of me. I had a small window of opportunity to attack the hound behind me. It darted forward, in a split second I spin my spear around inches away from tearing into my flesh, and I stab the hound in its mouth. A small feeling of relief fell over my body. It was short lived as the found in front of me was heading my way. The spear was stuck in the now dead hound’s mouth. I had to retaliate. I summoned all of the strength I could and jumped in the air kicking the lower jaw of the hound. It was stunned long enough for me to dislodge my spear and make the final blow against the surviving hound.

I was drenched in blood I do not know if some of that was mine or theirs exhausted a move toward my camp unload some materials restock on food and sit down next to my alchemy engine . The low vibrations felt great against my back almost like a massager.

As I was lying in relaxation, my alchemy engine gave me the urge to invent. I had enough gold and similar items to make another machine. My hands work quickly and efficiently, I see the machine I have created in front of me. I did it; I created the Wintometer, my machine for predicting the oncoming weather. Seeing that was still very much warm I felt as though I still had time before winter came.

I looked at my map and saw that I had nothing explored west of my quarry. I decided to make that my next goal I didn't know what was waiting ahead of me but it had to be done.




I took to the western shoreline. I used it as a guideline so I found fill in the gaps later. I saw a lot of boulders containing the golden sheen. However, I could not stop my exploration and gather materials.  As a started to turn dusk I found something, it was an oddly colored and rather large in size sitting in a twig nest. I looked around and saw nothing but I felt as though if I got closer something would not want me around. I backed away, made a campfire and went to sleep .