Day 29

I never expected this to happen. I am back where I started when I first woke up. This time around, I am cold and hungry, not to mention discouraged. There was not much to salvage from the destroyed ruins that was my camp. Most of my food was destroyed, my machines were demolished and my shelter was nonexistent. I have to rebuild, but I just do not want to. What would be the point? I don't know if there are more of these Deerclops monsters out there. Hell, I don't even want to think of something worse. My hands tremble just at the thought.


I needed materials. I had to rebuild. There was no question about it. I had to get my head back in the game. Shelter, a place to sleep, this is what is going to help me stay sane. I traveled to the south. I do not know why I chose this direction, but I remembered there being a lot of trees and berry bushes. As I wandered I completely ignored the berries and trees. I didn't gather anything. I just kept walking. I guess just telling myself everything was going to be alright wasn't enough. I looked up at the sky. The sun shining bright blinded me. I closed my eyes and I fell.


I feel quite a ways. I got back to my feet and saw that I fell down a hole. I was able to climb out to see where I was. This hole was not here before. The large black basalt rock was here. I wonder what changed. It seems like this world's seasons are not the only thing changing. I jumped back down the hole. I wanted to see what was in there. After inspecting the area, it was a cave. There wasn't much light. Some small slivers from the ceiling and the hole were the most light there was. I walked forward, the further I went, the darker it was. The humidity was thick and it was cold. I did not know what to expect in this place. I should have turned back, but I had to see what was here. Surely I was meant to find this place.


I saw flickers of light further down the cave. I rushed to the area and there were fireflies. They were beautiful. Odd, I never saw myself using that word to describe something in this world. When huddled together, these fireflies generated a lot of light. It is a shame I had nothing to catch them with. This place is getting darker the further I go, and I have no sense of direction. I don't know what to do except to keep going.


Light was being produced by peculiar flowers and fireflies throughout the tunnels I was traveling in. While the area was still really dark, these small sources of light provided enough for me to see. The cave seems to have an entirely different ecosystem. One that seems to foreign, like it isn't supposed to be here. It even seems man-made, as if someone put it here. That just seems ridiculous though. I kept hearing noises all around me. I could not tell where they were coming from due to the echo the tunnel provided. I lit a torch to my own benefit. The light made me safe, it still does. I felt like I was being watched.


I heard footsteps, my stomach was in my throat and my heart pounding. I started to run. I didn't want to stop. My legs were on fire, my lungs were filling up with cold and damp air, and my heart was beating faster than ever. As I was running, I saw shadows appear as if they were chasing me. Like they were hunting me. I closed my eyes, hoping they would disappear. That's when I felt like I was floating. What goes up must come down. I tripped on a rock and landed square on my face. The torch landed in a puddle of water, extinguishing the flame. I look up, and see red eyes staring right back at me.



I got up, lit another torch and readied my spear. I was ready to fight. I brought the torch up higher and saw that those red eyes belonged to a creature that I saw on the surface. It was a bunny. But this bunny was more, feral I guess you could say. It wasn't like the ones up top. It was standing on two legs and had a large build. Like it adapted to a new environment. I rustled through my backpack, looking for food to give it. This place didn't seem to have much and I could use the good karma. I found some carrots and the, Bunny...man ate them happily. I gave it a pat on the head and continued through the cave. I heard footsteps following me, it was the Bunnyman. It was following me. It was my friend now I guess. Even if it couldn't talk, at least it was some kind of companion. There was no telling the time of day here. The Bunnyman yawned and as did I. I guess it was time to sleep. The floor is had and damp, but I have been through worse.