Day 15/16/17/18

Day 15

After I did some more exploring I made my way back to camp I wanted to make better axe. In one hand and stored my items in my chest and sat near my alchemy engine to figure out a way to make sturdier tools. Some odd reason the goal here isn’t flimsy it’s scary and strong. And it acts out of the extra gold I had. Because the contacts by more hounds had some of their teeth but I didn’t quite know what to do with them and said keep them for a rainy day and I was able to collect some spider eggs. Those jewels were making me curious as to what I could make out of them. I had to keep my priorities straight and had an idea to create a tent. I was able to use the excessive amount of spider silk I had with some rope and reinforced branches I made the tent. Maybe this tent will help me regain some of my sanity as I feel as though every day I get crazier and crazier. I wanted to sleep for the rest of the day. It was starting to get cold outside. I look at my Wintometer and the liquid was dropping. I went to my tent and slept for the rest of the day and night.


 Day 16

Woke up and started traveling south I explored pretty much all of the north and east of my camp. It was time I head south and see what was down there. I followed the shoreline as my guide as I usually do, it and filling in the gaps later. I came across the borders of a rather peculiar area, the ground was somewhat purple and the humidity as I got closer that more and more intense. There was a feeling of uneasiness going through my body. The trees and bushes are thorny and it looked as though there were monsters hiding in the ground. When crossed the borders I wanted to leave. So I did, and continued exploring the south.


Day 17

I still have much to explore of the southern borders of this world, but I was too paranoid to explore the swamp. When I discovered it, a chill ran through my spine. I found another skeleton, all though this is not the first one I found in this area I kept thinking to myself, “What if that was me? Could that be if I don't survive?” It was an unusual find. There was something on the ground next to this skeleton. When I got closer I noticed it was a miner’s hat. One of those helmets with a light on the front. There was also a pickaxe and a few golden nuggets lay about. He must have been a miner of sorts. Although I find it strange to say someone is a miner when they don’t harvest minerals form underground.

As I was walking away I felt as though my mind was slipping away. Not like before when I would zone out. It felt as though I was going insane. I found some peculiar flowers near me. They felt evil. I know that sounds strange even when I am writing it but that is the best way I could explain them. They were in a circle, with an object in the middle. The item was a box with a handle. I don't know what I could use it for but I had to pick it up and take it with me just in case. You never know when you might need something like that.

Day 18

I spent most of my morning just roaming the area, taking notes on what I had discovered. I came across an area that was rather misty and chilly. I had a feeling that this is a place where the dead slept. The area I stumbled upon was a graveyard. As I recall this are by writing this journal entry I become more and more terrified for my own well-being and state of mind. I was in this graveyard but something came over me. I grabbed my shovel and started digging out the graves. As I dug up each and every grave I felt less like myself and more like a selfish evil being. I couldn't stop I had to keep finding out what was in these graves. I mostly found odd trinkets, probably items they were buried with that belonged to them. I came across the last of the graves and there was something very unsettling about this one. I ignored my thoughts and dug up the grave. I heard a loud yell, there was nothing around me. That is when something rose from the ground, a ghost. It opened its mouth and it let out a piercing shriek like ungreased grinding metal.

This must have been my punishment. No matter how far I ran from the ghost, it chased me. I could not hide. This thing was out for blood. I realized I had a fight. As confirmation that this was no ordinary place, I was able to fight the ghost with my spear. I was screaming, flailing my spear about hitting the ghost. It made no noise of being hurt, and eventually, it was gone. My eyes were closed the entire time. When I write this, I begin to wonder, was that ghost really there? I will never forget this experience, and the unspeakable crimes I had just committed, and that alone is haunting my dreams.