Day 32

I did not sleep very well last night. The ambient light in this cave is making me see things in the darkness. They are akin to shadows or creatures I have never seen before. However, they are always in the corner of my eye. I can never get a clear look at them. When I try, there is nothing there. Maybe the isolation is making me crazy. Sometimes they seem to real, like they could actually hurt me. Now that I wrote that down, it seems pretty ridiculous, even for this place.


I have pretty much lost all sense of direction since I have been in the cave. There was an area I remember that was close to camp that I had not explored yet. I waited for the Bunnyman to wake up. I created my travel kit and we continued to explore. I have begun to pack more food each time I go outside of camp. Too many times I have been unprepared for what is waiting for me in the void.


This area was much darker than any other area in the cave. We slowed our pace and I lit myself a torch. The Bunnyman all of a sudden picked up his pace and it grabbed my arm so I could keep up. I couldn't see anything but the Bunnyman knew exactly where to go. My heart started to race, I had never seen him act like this before and I was uneasy about what were running to...or from. Then, we stop, almost instantly. I move my torch forward and there was a rather large hole in front of us. I would not have noticed if it weren't for the Bunnyman.


I started to inspect the hole to find out what made it. I heard something moving, and it was echoing closer to me. Something was in this hole, and it was moving pretty quick. I blink and a large mass shoots up from the ground. I am blown back from the force of it emerging from the whole. My eyes clear from the dust and I see something unspeakable and impossible.


It was large, it was purple, and it was violently moving about. It was a tentacle, much like a squid, but there was no way that is what this monstrosity was attached to. I stood up and the Bunnyman pushed me back. A smaller tentacle shot up from the ground and several more followed. I readied my spear and called out to the Bunnyman. He came to my aid as fast as he could. We would have to work together to take down this creature, and it was not alone.


We charged forward as fast as we could, cutting down the smaller tentacles as fast as we could. There was no end to them. It was like a Hydra, the more we cut down, more took their place. Our only choice was to destroy the main tentacle. When the Bunnyman and I got close, it lowered itself and swung around, knocking us away. As soon as I get up, I hear a loud noise. It was coarse and shrill. It was a scream originating from pain. I look around, and I see the Bunnyman suspended in air by tentacles, pierced through his body. Blood was pouring down like a waterfall. I move swiftly, hopefully I can save this poor soul. I cut him down and his body makes a loud thud onto the hard cave floor.


He wasn't breathing, his white fur now stained with red.


I do not remember much from then on. I remember tears being in my eyes. They were not from sadness, but from anger. I have been angry and ferocious before. But it was nothing like this. It was as if my entire body was so filled with an immeasurable amount of rage. I blacked out. The last thing I remember was being knocked back into reality from a very powerful vibration coming from the ground.



The tentacle was gone. And the ground was shaking. I look ahead of me and the ground begins to split in two. Wildlife was running away and rocks were falling from the ceiling. I move out of the way and I see the Bunnyman's body fall into the newly formed crevice. I realized what this was. It was an earthquake, and who knows what will happen from here.