Day 13

My alarm that morning was the loud screech of what sounded like a bird. I heard birds in this area before but nothing sounded this large. I open my eyes and see a large towering figure above me with slender legs, a very round body, and a single eye staring directly at me. Despite its large body, it struck at me with haste using its beak. I was able to roll out of the way but it still grazed my arm cutting my clothes and my skin, drawing blood. I look around for my spear and I see that it is between me and this Tallbird. We lock eyes waiting for someone to make the first move. I let out a war-cry and sprinted as hard as I could. The Tallbird charged forward as well gaining distance with its long legs. I leap and roll over my spear picking it up, landing on my feet, sending every bit of energy into my legs. I jumped as high as I could with my spear directly above my head.


I hear squishing and crunching. I dropped to the ground and looked up. I killed the Tallbird. It fell to the ground letting out a large thud and a plum of dust bellowed form under it. I found its nest and took the egg, feeling as though I had earned it. Already on alert, I was filled with adrenaline. I was edging for a fight. Maybe my confidence got the best of me because that I faced a giant that was easily four times my size. I kept exploring, until I saw a massive spider nest the biggest I’d ever seen. I prepared myself for my next move.


I take my first step into the territory of the spiders. Six spiders spring out ready to defend their home. Three of which were warrior spiders. This was the most I’d ever seen of that type in one place. I felt as though they were protecting something like I was getting closer to an area of importance. That didn’t deter me from fighting them. I knock the smaller spiders away. This left me open to attack from the warrior spiders. I go to stab the spider closest to me and the worst possible thing happened, my spear broke off into the spider. I now had a useless piece of wood against five other spiders. My bravery turned into fear.


The spiders were slowly advancing on me; I quickly look in my backpack to see if there was anything I could use. I had no time to make a new spear and that is when I saw it. I saw my axe. In one motion three of the smaller Spiders lunge at me and I cut them down. They fall to the ground in pieces. I then grabbed my pickaxe, with my axe in one hand and pickaxe in the other I charge forward towards the last two spiders. I yelled as loud as I could I leaped into the air and slammed downward impaling both of the spiders with my weapons.


I was starting to make my way south following the shoreline to the west my quarry was starting to get bigger and bigger. I came across a very strange area. I saw a beige colored tree that was rectangular in shape. Next to it was something moving. It was very stiff almost robotic, as I get closer it seems to know where I am; it readies itself for a fight but doesn’t come after me. I looked closer it was a chess piece and there was more like it guarding something in the center of their small arena. I had to get their but in my current state there was nothing I could do. I back farther away so I didn’t feel as though I was going be watched through the night. I made a campfire readied multiple weapons.


For tomorrow morning, I launch my attack on this chess-like arena.