Day 26

There was more to the forest where the Pig King was. I wanted to see what was there for my map, and it was more of an excuse not to go into the swamp. Traveling and exploring is hard in this weather. I have to find something suitable to wear. My heat stone works and all, but it still loses heat and I need to stop and make a fire to reheat it, my firewood supplies are dwindling fast. 

The morning was colder than I expected. As I was exploring the forest behind the Pig King I noticed the ocean. The wind chill was making it colder and it explained a lot. The waves crashing against the cliff was enough to send a chill up my spine. I heard some rustling in the trees, not form the wind though. It was from something inside the tree. I looked around and saw nothing.
 

I turn away to continue on with my business when I heard an animal call I never heard before. A bunch of oddly shaped animals came bursting through the trees. I was knocked down. I closed my eyes waiting to be trampled and bitten. None of that happened. When I opened my eyes I saw not a drooling angry monster, but a bunch of penguins. They were just staring at me, worst as if they were making sure I was ok. I stood up and they scurried off into the distance.
 

I continued to explore the forest throughout the afternoon and early evening. I was growing very tired so I stopped to catch my breath and warm up a bit. I look around and I see two graves. When I to closer I saw that they were plain tombstones. There wasn't a name or a date of death. I saw a group of flowers nearby so I picked them and made two small grave blankets. I don't know what compelled me to do such an act but I felt obligated.
 

As I placed them on the graves I started to tear up. I had a lot of pent up emotion and thought about the last few days and it was coming up now when faced with a gruesome truth. The exact reason I began to cry was somewhat of a mystery. Maybe I still felt guilty about killing those pigs, or maybe it was the thought that no one would put flowers on my grave.
 

It was getting dark and I decided to set up camp. Maybe tomorrow will be better.