Day 19/20

I found another shrine with the pig heads surrounding it and the broken slab in the middle. Like before, I felt the need to fix this shrine. I really hope these do not come back to bite me in the ass later. Their presence is very creepy. I continued going south walking along the shoreline as usual. I began to hear noises again, similar to when the hounds attacked me near my camp. I began to wander aimlessly and fall out of my current state of mind. I feel as though my sanity is starting to dwindle away. During this time I was seeing hallucinations. When I try to recall what they looked like I see more than two legs and random shapes. It is rather peculiar to say the least.

I am broken out of my trance with an abrupt blunt hit to my chest. I try to get up but I am being held down. The sounds I had heard earlier were hounds. These ones were more organized. The one pinning me down was staring at me, right into my eyes. I felt cold and terrified. I had to break eye contact and see if I was close to a weapon. I see my spear lying next to me. I broke an arm free and grabbed it. At the last second I pull it in front of me and the hound bites down. My spear’s wooden handle was preventing it from biting me. I hear another growl and a second hound appears.

I head-butt the hound on top of me and daze it. The second hound began to sprint after me. I ball up a fist and let this hound have it. A right hook directly to the nose. I heard crunching, but unsure if it was my hand or the hound’s nose. The hound I head-butted was getting up. I dropped my spear and ran after it. I jumped on its back and put my hands in its mouth. I pry open the jaws and in one quick motion I yank its head, snapping the neck. It fell lifeless to the ground. I had a moment to catch my breath but I didn’t have long. The hound I punched was gone. I hear a loud bark and it dashed past me. I was knocked to the ground. It was slowly approaching me. I take a quick breath and get up.
I picked up my spear and threw it at the charging hound. I landed a direct hit, square in its right eye. It started losing momentum and fell to the ground. I was feeling particularly good at this moment. I narrowly escaped death yet again to these beasts.



I spent the rest of the day getting my bearings to figure out just where I was. All the excitement made me lose my sense of direction.


Day 20

The morning of the 20th day has come and I reflected on just how far I have come. The area I woke up in was rather barren. There was not much to see. It felt like a desert. I noticed a nest with one of those oddly colored eggs. I flashed back to when I fought the mother of this egg. The tall bird was large but quick and ruthless. I looked around, and I didn’t notice the bird anywhere. I picked up the egg and I made the mistake of turning my back on the nest. I heard heavy footsteps creep behind me and I saw the tall shadow rise above me. I don’t bother looking back and I run away, as fast I could. This bird wasted no time in chasing me and was gaining fast. I had to think quickly. I decided to climb a nearby tree hoping it was stupid enough to lose interest by losing sight of me.

Sure enough, when I got into the leaves, it couldn’t find me. I was about eye level with this beast. I readied my spear, and took advantage of the ignorance it had of my location. I line up my shot, and leap from the tree. The sun was beaming down on my back and I saw my shadow cover this bird and it squawked in surprise and fear. I plummeted toward the bird and thrust my spear into its very large eye. I used the body to break my fall