Day 28

The ground shaking, from falling trees, the loud crackle of wood snapping, and footsteps that would wake the gods, something was coming. I woke to hear loud roars, it was big. I was in my tent, afraid to come out. The woods near me were crumbling. The sound of animals fleeing was thick in the air. The rumbling of heavy footsteps was gaining. Whatever was outside, was about to meet me.


A loud roar pierced my ears and shook the fabric of my being. I got as close to the ground and I could, as I held my hands against my ears. A massive wave of air flew passed my body. It was cold. I opened my eyes and my tent was gone. I look behind me and I see the cause of the destruction. It was tall, hairy, had antlers and only one eye. It roared again directly at me and slammed its fist down on the ground, hoping to squash me.


I rolled out of the way and quickly got to my feet. I backed away and saw this gargantuan monster standing before me. It was breathing heavily and had hate in its eyes. Another roar was let out; it brought me to my knees. I looked around the area and there was nothing but destruction. My chests, my machines, my food, everything was destroyed. I did see my backpack with stuff from yesterday still intact though.


I picked up speed and dashed towards the bag. The monster tried to stop me. I ducked under his sweeping punch attacks and run right under its legs. I picked up the bag and got out my fire wand. It was looking pretty decrepit and I was unsure if it would hold up. I had no options. I got myself some distance and when the monster turned around, I launched a series of fireballs. Direct hits however, the monster put out the fires on its face with ease and I just pissed it off. I retreated into the forest, hopefully to gain some kind of element of surprise.


That is when I saw of the pigs I saved from the spiders in the early days of me being here. They seemed to recognize me. They sensed the monster was getting close. They stood behind me, ready to fight. The monster broke through the woods and the pigs charged forward. One was stepped on, completely pulverized under the weight of this creature’s foot. One pig managed to climb up the back of the monster, but he fell off and died on impact. The last pig was the most valiant. Then the creature picked up the pig, it was still trying to fight, and the monster bit off its head. Blood was falling to the ground and the monster let out a victory roar.


I tried to throw a fire ball but it backfired somehow and burnt my hand. Then the wand busted into pieces. The pain in my hand was excruciating. I dropped to my knees in pain. The monster stepped forward and hit me, I flew into a tree. I lay there, slumped against the tree. The monster was slowly approaching. My eyes were beginning to close.


“Let’s get it Lucy! Let’s show this Deerclops who is king of the forest!”


A man with a peculiar voice showed up and began to fight the monster that he called, Deerclops. I heard him screaming in pain yelling, “The goddamn curse!” My eyes were more open and I saw a large animal fighting the Deerclops. It seemed to be winning, but the Deerclops got a lucky shot and hit the attacking creature away. It was down for the count. The Deerclops was wounded and distracted. I slowly stood up, took a broken tree branch and limped my way to make my last stand.


I stabbed the back of the leg and brought the Deerclops to the ground. I went to its head and trust the branch into its neck. The Deerclops roared in extreme pain as blood began to cover the landscape. I was covered in its blood. I clutched my side, broken ribs most likely, and limped off towards my camp. The Deerclops went crashing down, dead. I remembered the creature that helped me, but it was gone. It must have run away. I wish I could have given it my thanks.



I arrived back at camp. I guess I am back to square one.