Day Nine

I woke up to the whirring of my Alchemy Engine. It only starts up when I activate it, not by itself. Could someone have been in my camp? Ensure it was nothing, maybe it was a bird that landed on the switch, either way nothing to do about it now.

I have to start thinking long-term now. I have come to the conclusion that this place is not ordinary and everything in it teaches at a faster pace. Trees grow faster, berries on bushes ripen quicker, and I have noticed nights do not last too long. I have to prepare myself for winter, but this place has such a thing. I want to make a device that will predict the weather, I do not know where to start but I will make it happen.

I also needed figure out a way to make better tools. All my axes get the job done the break way too fast and is hurting my supply. It exported most of the north I wish to turn my attention to the east. At the food to last me a couple days so I better get started.


I figured if I needed to build such advanced machinery I would need advanced materials. I took notice that all of might advance machines needed gold nuggets to make. The opted to go to my quarry and spend some time mining. Protect as I was mining my mind wandered.
I was tired of my tools breaking. I was thinking of a new way to possibly reinforce my axe and pickaxe. Every idea I came up with, I didn’t have the materials. All of a sudden my pickaxe breaks, the sound of the snapping wood and breaking stone snapped me out of my trance and I picked up my gold nuggets. For some reason, while I held the gold nuggets in my hand I just stared at the shimmering mineral. Maybe I saw some kind of hidden potential, or maybe I’m just imagining things.
The can use the college’s got to experiment with my tools I had to use it for my possible whether machine sun was directly above me, and I decided to head back to camp.


When I arrived back at Camp I got to work. I stood by my alchemy engine and let my mind wander. Like before my mind was overflowing with thoughts and ideas. Numbers, formulas, and blueprints all race through my head. I couldn’t focus on just one thing I saw in my mind. Maybe it was my inventor is intuition. I do recall, when I came to I didn’t build what I wanted to build what I needed to build, a lightning rod. I can understand why I would need this. It has rained a couple times since I’ve been here in the lining to protect me and my things from getting caught on fire.

After marveling at my new creation I headed east. After traveling along the shoreline for some time and noticed it started getting darker. I was a torch and continued on word. While the sounds of the night had not bothered me for some time I heard something new.

I heard the sounds of teeth grinding, bubbling sounds almost like a hungry stomach, I knew it was close but I did not know where. For some reason I was compelled to look on the ground as if something was following me around my ankles. And that’s when I saw it, the hole in the ground. This wasn’t just a normal hole, it was something different. It had teeth and was even moving, it didn’t appear to have a sentient mind, but I felt like it still served a purpose. It was making the noises I was hearing, I can’t say I was scared, but I was still nervous, if I didn’t want to investigate further.
It was turning to dusk so I decided to head back.



I make it back to camp and evaluate my item situation. I am exhausted from the previous day, I chart my findings on my map and I’m going to call it an early night. I want to investigate the hole in the ground that I have more pressing issues to solve.