Day 33

I don't remember much anymore. When I try to recall what happened in that cave, all I see is blackness. No light, no hint of reflections, no way out. I tried to scream, not from pain, but for help. Who would help me? No one is here with me, the Bunnyman was dead. No one to hear my calls, I guess it was just instinct. We always want someone to hear our cries for help. Funny, no matter how alone I felt, I kept this frivolous hope that someone would just appear and help me. Even if it was just to help me off the ground.


I took a breath, my eyes opened and I was outside. Sun was shining, birds were chirping. It was warm, I'm not home, but I was out of the cave. Shattered pieces of stone were around me. I remembered what it was, I repaired a strange table when I first started exploring this land. I do not know what it did, but I was glad I made it out of that cave. I was in the forest, probably to the north. There was a structure before me that I never recognized. It was a machine of sorts. I stood up to look further. Human curiosity, it will be the death of me.


It started to shoot team out the back and make loud noises. It was activating, gears and cogs all moving their predetermined ways. It was marvelous to watch really. It grew taller, in the form of a face. The mouth opened and revealed a doorway. I heard footsteps coming from it, my heart started racing. I calmly say, “Hello?” What happened next shook me to the very core.


“Hello Wilson, please come in.” I fell backwards. I was floored, the first words from another person in over a month of seclusion. I didn't know how to react, so I ran. The machine started up again and closed. As I was running I heard that same voice laughing. Not too loud, one that was under his breath, like he knew what was going to happen.


I spent the next few hours preparing myself. My experience in this world has made me hardened. I'm not immune to the horrors that resides within this place, and I sure as hell did not know what waited for me behind that door. I did know that this place always has something up it's sleeve. I crafted weapons, more powerful than anything I had ever thought of. My determination came through for me. After just a few short hours, I was well equipped and prepared. It was time to find out what was behind that door.


I walked back to the door. I watched it open. First step. Second step. As soon as my feet were in the door, it slammed shut. I was in the darkness again. Pure darkness. I heard a low growl, one that was all too familiar. It was the monster. I saw it's eyes glaring at me. They were slowly getting bigger and bigger. I readied my weapons, I was prepared this time. I guess you could say I finally embraced my fate.


In an instant, there was light, and I was in a room. The monster was no longer there. I looked around and saw a throne. Numerous torches illuminated this room. I take a few steps forward and hear the voice again. I will never forget what he said.



“Say pal, you don’t look so good. Maybe you should find something to eat”.