Day 14

Yesterday I found a rather peculiar area. The ground was checkerboard, there were machines moving in when I got close their shape became more apparent. One was of a chess piece known as a rook; the other was similar to the chess piece, bishop. I came across it at night so I did not want to attack it right away. The last fight I had was a tough one and the shape of my armor and weapons was looking grim. I needed time resupply and prepare. There was something there those pieces were guarding something.
As I got closer to the area I could see the outline of what they were guarding it was circular but that was all I can make out. Hotline my load of putting my backpack down and made multiple weapons mostly extra spears. It was time for me to fight maybe this thing they were guarding was meant to get out of here.


Crept up slowly on the rook, hoping it wouldn’t see me and I could get the jump on it. Sadly this wasn’t the case and it noticed me immediately. At this moment I knew the element of surprise was out of the question. I had to go for an all-out attack. This enemy was so unlike anything I had seen in this world. It was made of metal; I had no idea if my weapons of stone would do anything. I couldn’t wait any longer. I had to think on my feet when I got closer. I charge in spear at the ready to stab this rook. My spear collides with the sturdy brass of the Rook and my spear splinters and shatters. I am knocked back and my arms feel numb due to the vibrations from colliding with the metal exterior.


It was advancing towards me. Hopping closer and closer, it readied an attack. But it wasn’t as swift as I thought it was. It took some time to charge up before attacking. I grabbed another spear and saw it had exposed parts of its body. I had to make these my target. I waited for an opening. Right after it launched an attack, I swiftly dodged and thrust my spear into the exposed wiring. The Rook sputtered and started vibrating. It soon shorted out and lay dormant on the ground.


Out of the corner of my eye I see a glowing yellow light. I look and quickly lean back to move out of the way. Then I look to my other side, and I see another yellow ball of light, it hit me directly in the chest and knocked me down. The shot knocked the wind right out of me. I regain my breath and two more shots are fired. I rolled out of the way and got my bearings. I see two Bishops firing at me. The time in between was much less than the Rook. These too were almost covered in brass, almost impenetrable.


For some stupid reason, I stand still, ready for the next shot. I try to hit away the next energy shot taken at me. It shatters my spear and hits me square in the face. I go blind and there is a ringing in my ears. I start breathing heavily, my sight is slowly coming back, and the bishops are standing over me. A Rook is slowly approaching behind them. I grab a spear from my back and get on my feet. I hear the whirring of the Bishops getting prepared for the next attack. I look up, and I see the heads of the Bishop, supported by an unprotected neck.


I smirk; the Rook was now gearing up for an attack. I only had a small window to attack. I roll to the left as the Bishop on the right fires its first shot, almost immediately after the left Bishops fires, I roll the opposite direction. The rook attacks, extending its head at me. I roll backwards, then change direction and sprint forward, using the rook head as a stepping stone. I use the two bishops as walls and use them to jump higher. I slice the first Bishop’s head off. I use the body as a means to project myself toward the remaining Bishop. I knock it down and shove my spear into the exposed neck. It short circuits and stops moving. I hear the Rook charging up for another attack, I move behind it and use every bit of energy left to ram my spear into the exposed back. I lift it into the air and slam it down. It was just a bundle of gears now. I had to take a breather. All this physical activity was killing me.


With the Guardians dead I was able to inspect the area to see what they were guarding. I am unsure if it was actually worth it. It was just a wooden platform with some are writing on the sides. But for some reason, I felt like I knew what it was. I thought to myself, “It seems like a nexus to another world.” It was too heavy to pickup and it looked unfinished. A charted the location on my map and headed back out and that’s when I saw laying on the ground near those dead Bishops, sparkling purple gems. I gathered them it took note of the white pillars surrounding area. I destroyed them with my Pickaxe to notice that I collected marvel. The oddly shaped trees were also made of marble as a destroyed them like clip the marble and moved on.



There wasn’t much that when on that day after my fight I didn’t want to go back to camp just hit a one to discover more of this area.