Day 25

While yesterday was rather uneventful and cold, I got a lot done and it was nice not having something trying to kill me for a day. I created what I call a Heat Stone. It holds its heat at a comfortable level for hours. Since I haven't found a good enough material to make a coat out of, this will have to do. I cannot be idle for too long though for I fear winter will take me. Today I plan on heading back to that forest. I want to meet with that big pig. Maybe I can try to trade with him. This journey will be quite dangerous, but I have to take risks and I must make peace with the inhabitants. 

I left as soon as I could I did not want to make it back to camp by the skin of my teeth again. I had no idea how long this meeting could take or if I would come back alive. I pressed on. I made a small travel pack with everything I needed. I find this to be way more efficient than my previous plan. That was load as much stuff as I could carry and hope for the best. Since I figured out what those wormholes were last night I figured I would try it again from this direction.
 

When I jumped into the wormhole a second time, I still had that uneasy feeling of being in total darkness. Then that strange gravity change came, when I felt like I was falling up. I was spat out onto the ground; I have to work on my landing. I do not think my ass can take this kind of punishment. I walked toward the forest but I to turn around somehow.

My little detour wasn't terrible. I found something rather peculiar in a small clearing. Before I could leave the trees I stopped, I thought it was a little too quiet. I looked around and the place was outlined with spider webs and spider nests. I had to take care of them first. Luckily the nests were small and there were few spiders. I had the element of surprise so they were no trouble. I walked to the object in the middle of the clearing and it was a box with a crank. When I turned the crank nothing happened. When I thought about it, I felt like some of the things I found were connected. The box thing, this crank thing, and that gold ring are related somehow, I just have to figure it out and make that connection.

I loaded the crank thing in my pack and moved on. I found the road that lead down the middle of the forest so I wouldn't get lost again. When I saw the shadowed figure I felt something approach me from behind. I turn around and there are two pig guards behind me ensuring I do not run away. The signal me forward and I. Approach the big pig. Upon seeing his crown, I can't to the conclusion that he was a king. This would make sense given his size.
 

I thought the grass skirt looked familiar on the Pig King. Then I remembered those pigs I killed. They must have been guards for him. My heart started racing. When I was directly in front of him I got down on my knees and bowed. He then started speaking.

"I am the Pig King, and you have trespassed into my territory. What is your purpose for being here?"

"My name is Wilson, and I apologize for trespassing. Trust me, it was never my intention. I do not know how I got here, but I am fighting for my survival. I saw you the other day but I ran. I want to trade with you. I found some odd items you may be interested in."

The Pig King looked at me, sniffed the air and he got a very angry look on his face. My heart started racing. He spoke again.

"You smell like my people, why is that?"

I started shaking. There was a lump in my throat. Would he know if I was lying? Sweat was beading down my forehead. I opened my mouth.

"I am truly sorry to give you this news. I killed three of your men. I was adorned with their blood and I am haunted by the actions I took. The attacked me first and I had to defend myself. If you wish to punish me, you deserve every right. "

Tears were rolling down my cheeks. I looked at the ground in shame. I prepared for death. I heard weapons being drawn. I held my breath embracing my fare. Suddenly I hear the pig king shout.

"STOP! I feel as though this man is genuine and he acted in self-defense. We must forgive this man."

I opened my eyes and I see two spears pointed at me, inches away from my face. I let out a sigh of relief and thanked the Pig King. I began crying unable to control myself. I had my life, but I was shown mercy. I will never forgive myself, but someone did. These are experiences I will never forget.
 

I stood up, bowed, and began to walk away. The Pig King called me back.
 

"Wilson, you said you had items to trade."

"Yes I almost forgot. What are you willing to part with for these?"

I showed him what I had, and he took everything. In return I got a small pile of gold nuggets.
 

"I sense you are a smart man Wilson. I am sure you can find a use for these."
 

I thanked the Pig King and took my leave back towards camp. It started to get dark. I took the route through the wormhole and soon I was in front of a fire.




I walked away with my life intact. I have a warm fire, and cooking food. Today was a good day. A small weight has been lifted from my shoulders. On my way back to camp a thought crossed my mind. That thought, was exploration of the Swamp area I found. I have to see what it holds for me, and it is something I am not looking forward to. I have to take things one at a time. I need to focus on the task at hand, survive winter. Well, the food is good, I am heading to bed.